Peacock bass care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At first glance I thought it was a Florida Gar. But it does look like a Longnose. As it gets bigger and older the lines will separate and turn more into spots. I personally have only seen a few of these up close.

How long is it? Any Idea of the age?

Termitehunter said:
At first glance I thought it was a Florida Gar. But it does look like a Longnose. As it gets bigger and older the lines will separate and turn more into spots. I personally have only seen a few of these up close.

How long is it? Any Idea of the age?

Around five inches. Don't know how old but seems to be baby to be honest. Bought 2 of them but going to order 10 more next week. Paid £10 each. If I can grow them to 8inch should get good money for it. Last time I've seem a longnose at 8inch going for £80 pound but that was atleast a year ago..

Nice.
Juvies are harder to ID because of changes into adult hood, but from the closer pic it does look like a Longnose to me. At 5 inches it is fry for sure. It should grow fairly fast on live food.

Termitehunter said:
Nice.
Juvies are harder to ID because of changes into adult hood, but from the closer pic it does look like a Longnose to me. At 5 inches it is fry for sure. It should grow fairly fast on live food.

Feeding them my convict juvies which I've thousands of them lol. Lets see what happens.

Termitehunter said:
Man walks into a fish store and asks the clerk;
"How do you breed Convict cichlids?"
The clerk replies;
"Just add water" (y)

Someone once said, if your eating a live convict female before it reaches your stomach it will breed twice lol..

Those two pics look like young Alligator Gar or they could be Florida Gar it's hard to tell until the pattern changes, but the way the lateral band is breaking up into spots I'm leaning toward the Florida.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom