Peacock Eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitch_Wilson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok i have a peacock eel and a few other fish in a 30 gallon tank. Most of the time everything is normal, no fish are acting weird and all parameters are ok. So my question is is it normal for a peacock eel to freak out after taking the earthworm from my hand. He takes it and then shoots around the tank, up and down the corners, back and forth. I dont think its because of a lack of hiding places, but maybe, there is a pvc log that i got from the pet store in there with multiple entrances, 6 live plants and a medium sized driftwood that has a place under it that is more than big enough for him to fit, in fact its where he spends most of his time, but he doesn't seem to want to take his worms under there. He did do this same thing, just to a lesser degree before i added the other fish to his tank

It's hard to tell. Are the lights on or off when you feed it? If it's acting/eating/looking normal, then I wouldn't be too worried. Like stated above, some fish go a bit crazy during feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom