Peacocks, yellow labs, and acei?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

momofzookeeper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I recently got my fish obsessed son a new 46gallon tank. The tank is 36" L x 12"W x 24"H. I thought we would do some african cichlids. Looking for some suggestions as to how many we should put in there. Some of what we are thinking of are peacocks, yellow labs, acei, and maybe a type of synodontis. We also thought about a redtail shark. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

Red tail gets huge. No way you could keep it long in a 3ft tank. The others will go, try to get only males, over stock the tank, and stay away from lake tanginika (sp?) Cichlids and any mbuna other than a yellow lab, acei, and rusty.

The overstocking and males only cuts down on the aggression some. But if your not prepared for fin damage, fighting, chasing and general aggressive behavior, then Africans aren't the right choice. If it was me, I'd put 10-12 in there. That means weekly water changes and vacuums tho

Back
Top Bottom