Pear dragon flowerhorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ant329

Aquarium Advice Freak
Beautiful fish!! Out of vietnam

Attachments

• image-2636475215.jpg
    image-2636475215.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 258
He is in a 30g tank until this weekend where he will be introduced to his 120g home..

I love how people look to criticize on this site..it makes me laugh.. I have alot of respect for the people here who actually help with other peoples problems without criticizing.

I love how people look to criticize on this site..it makes me laugh.. I have alot of respect for the people here who actually help with other peoples problems without criticizing.
we dont love to criticize,we just love to keep your fish as happy and healthy as possible. that fish looks awesome btw.

Thanks.. Wish everyone had your mentality

Ant329 said:
Thanks.. Wish everyone had your mentality

Is that a relative of the jack dempse or a firemouth cichlid?

By the way I don't think its criticizing. I think everyone can only assume you are new to fish. And they want to be the first to comment. It's like jeopardy. You know the funny thing is is I know a full on Japanese fish collector that says most of those tank sizes are myths.

Who's criticizing you he offered a friendly piece of advice, don't be so quick to judge. Do you have any idea how many large CA/SA cichlids I've rescued over the years due to tank size and lack of research?

Is that a relative of the jack dempse or a firemouth cichlid?.

No it's a man made hybrid from Malaysia who's actual SA cichlids origins are only speculation.

Hukit what was the friendly piece of advice? I posted a picture of my new fish.. And the first question i get is what size tank is he in? What about Oh yea nice fish, or good luck with it... Just saying..... Nothing for everyone to get defensive over.. Hence i didnt ask what is the recommended tank size for him because i already know.

HUKIT said:
Who's criticizing you he offered a friendly piece of advice, don't be so quick to judge. Do you have any idea how many large CA/SA cichlids I've rescued over the years due to tank size and lack of research?

No it's a man made hybrid from Malaysia who's actual SA cichlids origins are only speculation.

Cool looking fish.

Thanks i love cichlids thats were my heart is at.. Keep up the good work on rescuing them

It's because most of the new posters that come on without any background to the posts often have no idea what the care requirements of the fish are. Definitely not a judgmental thing, looks like they are just being concerned is all.

You cant always assume that.. Some people do research like myself and know the requirements but still need help from time to time.. Just because someone is new to the forum dosent mean they have no clue whats going on.. Everyone learns something new everyday!! **For instance** a flowerhorn isnt a common everyday fish kinda on the rare side, so i would say that if someone has one they should know something about them.. Its not like pickin out a goldfish.. Ur talkin about an expensive fish..

That is a really nice looking fish. How did you luck upon finding a breeder? I wish I could find a fish like that :D

If im buying an expensive fish u better believe im doing research first!

I think you have a nice looking fish there and I could care less about the size of your tank, it's none of my business lol

I generally don't listen to tank police who always say get a bigger tank. It has nothing to do with the tank and more to do with the fish keeper. You can keep large fish in smaller tanks and they will still be happy and healthy. Fish will adapt to whatever you give them. Just because it might be a personal preference to go bigger doesn't mean everyone has to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks kaio, actually i got it from a specialized aquarium store.. The owner gives the breeder in vietnam good deals on fish tanks and in return he gets top notch flowerhorns at a great price.. He had a nice pair of parrot flowerhorns for sale too, male and female must be sold together, prob a breeding pair

Thanks kaio, actually i got it from a specialized aquarium store.. The owner gives the breeder in vietnam good deals on fish tanks and in return he gets top notch flowerhorns at a great price.. He had a nice pair of parrot flowerhorns for sale too, male and female must be sold together, prob a breeding pair

You lucky ducky!!! Wouldn't that be so much fun to have a breeding pair. Might I ask how much the pair cost?

Be sure to post new pictures of your guy in his new home. This way I can get my regular droolfest on. hehehe

Back
Top Bottom