Pear dragon flowerhorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:eek: why would you want that? do you know how horrible that is for the fish?

I think your confused on what the markings are, they're not tattoos or anything. They are normal markings as the fish matures, it's all about selective breeding for profit plain and simple.

I think your confused on what the markings are, they're not tattoos or anything. They are normal markings as the fish matures, it's all about selective breeding for profit plain and simple.
oohhh, ok,i thought it was like the blood parrot where theyb tattoo them.

Anything that is man made is ultimately part of nature, even cloning. Some will be fine with kids or pets walking around with green or blue hair so why is it different for fish ? If man created this fish, they did one [moderator edit] of a cool job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything that is man made is ultimately part of nature, even cloning. Some will be fine with kids or pets walking around with green or blue hair so why is it different for fish ? If man created this fish, they did one [moderator edit] of a cool job.

Manmade fish are not "natural" nor is cloning. Just because we have the ability to do certain things doesn't mean it's ethical.

HUKIT said:
Manmade fish are not "natural" nor is cloning. Just because we have the ability to do certain things doesn't mean it's ethical.

I agree.

Btw nice fish! Looks awesome :D

Posts edited. Please keep this thread on topic or it will be locked and infractions issued. Thank you.

I'm sorry, still fighting insomnia and get a little testy with certain subjects. But back on track there are over 2500 species of beautiful cichlids out there, the color and behavior of fish in nature all have purposes wether it's attracting mates, survival, and being the hunter or pray but these fish have no such purpose other than profit. I'll get off my soap box now and won't post any further unless asked a question.

This is where they get their good looks from, Amphilophus trimaculatum.

Attachments

• image-521929346.jpg
    image-521929346.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom