Peas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2007PSanHa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been feeding my goldfish peas because of swim bladder problems. He can't get to the bottom of the tank to eat the peas though. How can I make them accessible to him?

Hi! What type of goldfish? What size tank & how many tankmates? What are your exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph? What do you normally feed them? You should address why this may be happening in the first to try & remedy the issue. I would suggest trying bits of cooked spinach exclusively for a couple of days rather peas combined with water changes. You can hand feed the spinach.

It is a 20 litre/10 gallon containing 2 comets and real plants. The other goldfish is healthy. I have been doing 20% water changes once a fortnight. The water tests were fine last time I tested but that was with API test strips.

I realise that they should have at least a 20 gallon tank.

I feed tetra goldfish flakes. They were on fish are fun goldfish pellets but they were not healthy so I changed.

Spinach along with lots of water changes. Unfortunately, your fish is likely suffering the effects of stunting from living in a 5g tank. There isnt a cure for this but a tank upgrade really would be a good idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom