Penguin 350 question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

g_fish_jose

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

I am new to this. I just set up a new 55 gal that came with a Penguin 350 filter. It came stocked with two filter cartridges but the unit has room for four. I was wondering if anybody is using this system and has any recommendations for it on a 55 gal tank.

thanks!

I'd ditch the cartridges after awhile and just use filter floss or filter pads. No need to run carbon in it...

Really? I'm having issues with water clarity right now. I think it's cycled (been a month with a few black skirt tetras in it). Never had LEDs before so I can't tell if the cloudy water is just how it looks with the LEDs

Filter floss will polish up the water quick. Carbon isn't going to help out with clarity.

So I'm looking at the filter floss idea. Do you just take the cartridges out and fill it with the loose floss?

So I'm looking at the filter floss idea. Do you just take the cartridges out and fill it with the loose floss?

your going to want to keep both pieces of media in for 4-8 weeks for the BB to transfer to the filter floss. after that, you can use the floss for well over a year without replacing it

Back
Top Bottom