peppered corys - is this normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enid_b

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 4 peppered corys are all just sat in a corner of the tank. Sat quite close together

Should I be worried? Is this normal?

If they are new additions that should be normal. Any new fish added to the tank is going to be a little timid at first, you just moved them from two different environments in a short period of time so that'll definitely scare them.

If they're still not letting up I'd bump the cory school up to six, they are more active in big schools.

Sometimes cories just sit around. They will swim and swim but eventually need a rest.

It's perfectly fine for them. I agree with bruinsbro with the 6. My peppered cories sometimes sit under a bell decoration for a while and they're not new. So yes it's fine:)

Many thanks for the answers. Yes i will be moving in some more, I'm slowly increasing the school size, 2 per fortnight. They just looked odd all sat together, I've seen them resting before, but not in a tight group.

Panic over, thanks again.

These have been in for 2 weeks tom, so I should have 6 by tomorrow night

It also could depend on your tankmates. I introduced two angels into my tank and now my group of 7 all sit together under my driftwood. Don't graze as much. Kind of saddening

Panic over, they are all milling about again as normal.

Perhaps they were just catching up on the day's news.

Thanks again for putting me at ease.

Re tank mates, there's nothing bigger than a platy in my tank, just zebra danios, neons, tiger barbs (no conflict), dwarf rasboras, and amanos.

Thanks to a 'special' at the LFS I now have 10 peppered corys. Although 1 looks rather ill since coming home.

The bottom of the tank is a busy place now :)

Back
Top Bottom