Perc Clowns Jumping out of the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVYKEV

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello
I have had 1 Perc Clowns jump out of my tank about 2 months and another 2 weeks ago. I have a cover on my tank but there is a open space in the back for my HOB skimmer and Wisper filter. Has anyone had this problem? All water parameters are at suggested levels.
Thanks
Kevykev :(

Sorr to hear about your loss....

Is the Damsel that aggressive??

You can get some egg crate from lowes or homedepot and cut it to fit the hole exactly...

No I just got the damsels yesterday. They were not in the tank at the time.
Is egg crate the foam padding with the nipples on it?

Egg crate is a 2x4 sheet that is used to cover commercial florescent lights in drop ceilings. It is hard plastic and has 1/4" holes in it. A sheet is roughly $10 at HD or Lowes

Typically you can ascertain that its from overheating or exceedingly poor water quality (or a significant absence of O2 or abundance of CO2). Once my tank got up to around 86°-88° ( 8O 8O ) and all of my fish where skimming the surface, clowns hopping out of the water, angel breaking the surface with his dorsil fin.... That was scary - fortunately I have a canopy that's sealed and prevents the fish from hopping out now.

Percs have that habit. I have lost 2 of them that way. An aggresive fish can be the culprit.
Eggcrate is a good defense.

Back
Top Bottom