Percula Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cyphur01

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone and TIA

I know it says the only dumb question is the one not asked so here it goes. I just added a pair of percula clowns to my tank today. These are some of the first SW fish I have owned besides some nastly little damsels. Anyways I put them in after acclimating them and now they seem to just swim up and down the side of the tank from the bottom to the top over and over again. They have been doing this now for about 8 hours without stopping. Are they stressed, or since they are tank raised, could they just be seeing something on the glass? Also I tried to feed to no avail but I think it might be a little early. I am just curious, is this normal?

i have had healthy percs do the same thing and since their new i wouldn't worry to much. how much decor or live rock is there for them to explore, are you hosting them in a coral or anenmome, reef or fish only? Also whats the bacteria, ph nitrite, and ammonia like.

PH 8.0
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
temp 79

not much live rock but plenty of false coral replicas and plenty of caves too. I guess it will just take some time for them to explore.

Thanks again

I have a pair of juvenile true percs, they did things like that for a few days too. back and forth... back and forth

Now they just hang out around my little brine shrimp hatchery. :) chomp chomp

and still they occasionally go B&F :)

They are looking for a means of escape 8O Keep your eye on the shifty little buggers!!

In all seriousness, I agree with the others, it's normal behavior for new clowns. heck, I've had my perc for months and she still does it from time to time ;)

Back
Top Bottom