Percula Clownfish and Anemone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gozetec02

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to get 2 percula clownfish. I have some very small ones on hold 1" at my LFS. And I am wanting to get a bulb anemone as a host. I am planning on a new bulb what florescent is recommended for my 24" Fixture. Does this sound good?

I have a blue damsel now that i will trade in at my LFS for the Percula Clowns.

How do I go about adding these animals to my tank. Should I add the anemone first then the clowns or the visa versa?

Also is my lighting combination ok and what would you recommend?

Most anemones will require more light than the 2 forty watt bulbs you have. In a 20 gallon long I would shoot for 2x65 watt PC lighting as the minimum. The anemones can also be very difficult to keep alive. My LFS always gets in shipments of bubble tips and it seems that many to most of them end up shriveling up and dying. The relationship between the clowns anemones would be fun to watch, but the clowns will do just as well without the anemone...just my 2 cents.. HTH

IMO it would probably be easier to add the anemone first, but dont wait to long before adding the clowns. Depending on your tank size, you would probably need 3 or 4 of these globes to prodice sufficient lighting.. so i would reccomend that you think about PC lighting HTH

Back
Top Bottom