Perfecting my stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steez

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got my 40g BREEDER setup recently, filled it with fish my LFS helped me choose. Of course some of the things they told me weren't true, or they just didn't know. Anyway, I have to overstock it to control aggression, I'll get adequate filtration like a Fluval 405 before any of them reach adulthood.

Stocking idea:

4x Yellow Lab (1m/3f)
4x Blue Johanni (1m/3f)
4x Acei (1m/3f)

I understand to stock the tank like a 55g, because the breeder has more footprint.

Any ideas or advice?

How about Pseudotropheus saulosi? They are a dwarf mbuni, smaller species. I could probably do just 3m/9f of these. Could I add a few yellow lab females in with them?

I wouldn't do the Acei. The like to swim and are best suited for a 6 foot tank.

yeah +1 on skipping the acei. i think if u kept to smaller stocking atm, you could breed ur fish and build up stocking over time with the fry, which is rewarding and a claim to bragging rights. id go for the johanni and labs jic too many males are accidentally added and u need to adjust. imo!

good luck :)

It's no so much the gallon size as being able to have room for your fish territories. I'd stick to 2 species to help with aggression....

Back
Top Bottom