Petco live plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennamckay

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay so I used to always get my love plants from my lps but I was being so overrun by pond snails so I stopped buying but I've been missing live plants. When I was at Petco today I saw that they had live plants in water as well as live plants in plastic containers without water. I know that's probably not very good for the plant but if I bought the ones out of the containers would that help insure that I don't bring in any snails since there's no water for them?

Are the plants in clear plastic bags with a gel pack at the bottom? Topfin brand of tissue culture plants are sold at Petsmart; was not sure that is the same brand sold at Petco. I have good luck with them and they should not have snails.

I bought a few from Petco that came in a plastic tube with gel. I haven't seen the ones in bags but the ones from the tubes I bought were really nice and snail free. I expected to have some die off once they were submerged but I didn't have any.

Yes they are the plastic tubes with gel. I was just hoping to get some that are snail free! Looks like this might be a good idea

They are definitely worth it. I just got rid of an over population of snails from plants so these were perfect.

Those are great ways to get plants. I bought many of mine that way. Just be ready for some die off as plants convert to their submerged leaves.

Back
Top Bottom