ph testkits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tommo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
TIP 4 ANY1 USING CONDITIONERS just solved problem with high ph i used tablet testkit that read ph 9.6
i also use ph 6.5 conditioner after test at petstore ph turnedout to be 6.8

I don't know if it is just me, i have got into the store and i'm still half asleep but i'm a bit confused with this one.

So tommo your ph was 9.6 with the tablet test kit, and then you put a ph reducer in and it took it down to 6.8.
Or was it always at 6.8 and the tablet test kit didn't work.
I am hopeing that the first test kit wasn't working because a drop from 9.6 to 6.8 WOW! i would be surprised if there were any fish still alive.

I have probably miss-understood completely for which i appoligize. Could you please explain with a bit more detail.

Terry.

the moral of the story was the tablet kit showed the wrong reading for ph caused by ph conditioner ill stick2 testing down petstore

I prefer not to use water conditioners. I use shells if I need to raise the Ph and dried wood to lower the Ph. I test my own Ph using a kit called Fresh Lab made by Red Sea. This one has a low end and high end Ph test so that I can get an exact reading. It is easy to use and allows me to know my Ph at any time I want to know without having to go to a pet store.

Peat, Driftwood, Bogwood really lowers it. Take out any shell, coral, or limestone decor substrate etc. out. These are the biggest that come to mind

Back
Top Bottom