Picking up 30 gallon want semi aggresive...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
I love sharks and if I can't have a real one I want the next best thing! What are some freshwater "sharks" that will live in a 30 gallon tank?

Or other cool fish ?

No 'sharks' can live in a 30, but you could have some barbs..

10 Tiger Barbs
10 Gold Barbs
6 Cory Cats (kinda swim like sharks to me.....lol)

Most would say that 30 gallons is too small for some of the more common ones (red tailed, rainbow, etc). A big school of tiger barbs would be pretty cool in that size tank.

What's a good site to get fish or atleast look at their requirement ? Other than liveaquaria?

And I'll look into all those thanks!

image-467787613.jpg

For a 30? With what other fish? You may get away with three Rosaline "sharks" but then you would only have enough room for cleaners and you'd be pretty well stocked if you're going based on bio load. It also highly depends IMO on what you have for filtration?

For a 30? With what other fish? You may get away with three Rosaline "sharks" but then you would only have enough room for cleaners and you'd be pretty well stocked if you're going based on bio load. It also highly depends IMO on what you have for filtration?

Its only a 25 if it wasn't now front according the the other person commenting can't see name because I'm using my
iPhone app.

Anyways I want to maximize the amount of fish I can have. I have a tank with 4danios 2 ghost shrimp and a comet platty . And I want to maximize how many fish I can have more than Anthing. I want to double up on 2 aquaclear's on this new to me tank. And my other tank has a bio wheel would like to add a second filter another aquaclear. I hear they are the best

If you want a 'shark' get a 40 breeder and a red tail shark. But the min. for most of them is 75 gallons.

FYI, NEVER trust what petco says. I would never but a 'shark' in a 20 gal.

It's crazy how much 5 extra gallons can make or break an idea for a tank. Lol
I wouldn't do the Rosalines in it either. They are classified in the tetra family but even they would grow too large for that tank especially considering the above said "three" was pushing it in terms of numbers they need to school in. I would look into smaller schooling fish with light bio loads and a clean up crew maybe with a dwarf something as a centre piece fish. So I have to agree with Scotty no sharks will fit in that tank sorry.

If you want a 'shark' get a 40 breeder and a red tail shark. But the min. for most of them is 75 gallons.

FYI, NEVER trust what petco says. I would never but a 'shark' in a 20 gal.

Ya I know what petco says is way different than liveAquaria!

I just want alot of color if I can't have sharks and alot of fish :)

Well, if you want color, male guppies will work! =P

But if you want semi-aggressive, what about gold barbs, tiger barbs, cherry barbs, etc?

Well, if you want color, male guppies will work! =P

But if you want semi-aggressive, what about gold barbs, tiger barbs, cherry barbs, etc?

Ya how many do you reckon I could get if I quadrupled my filtration?

I want bigger fish than danios and more exotic shapes I love my danios but I want something different i do like tiger barbs !

Back
Top Bottom