Pico Reef Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcdragonfish13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I have a 2 gal aqueon evolve pico and would like to know waht would be the best option for a lighting upgrade. I am using stock lighting for zoas and cycling but would want to be able to have dendros, duncans, xenia, a cool brain, even maybe the hardiest clam. What would be the best option ( I like dem actinics, love the popping color) for a tank this small with out overkill? Thanks guys!!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No clam will fit in a 2 gallon. Let alone stay alive with the constant parameter changes. Look into a par38 bulb. It should grow whatever you want

No clam will fit in a 2 gallon. Let alone stay alive with the constant parameter changes. Look into a par38 bulb. It should grow whatever you want

Is a par38 overkill? Im not too good with lighting, but which of these on ebay isnt a peice of crap?( cuz normally the lesser expensive bulbs are ... not as good as the 100$ ones... right?) http://www.ebay.com/bhp/par38-reef

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would look into one of the coralcompulsion.com par bulbs. If you don't want sps you could go with one of their par30s. Reefkoi also makes a good par38, I'm using it on my 10 and I'm actually quite impressed

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom