[Pictures] Sick betta, PLEASE HELP ASAP! All details inside

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aldarn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all, below is a picture of my Betta, i'm pretty sure he's ill but have no idea what the problem is after searching.

pKhvGX6.jpg

Image mirror: http://i.imgur.com/pKhvGX6.jpg

He usually swims around quite a lot and even chases some of the other fish, but recently he has been lying on the bottom of the tank or floating near the surface barely moving. His fins look 'clamped' and raggedy. Today I noticed some white patches / skin issues (see picture), I have no idea what they are but they look really bad!

Please help me, I have no idea what to do or what is wrong with him and I fear he doesn't have long if I don't help!

Water Information

PH: 7.6
Ammonia: 0.25ppm
Nitrites: 0.0ppm
Nitrates: 35ppm
Temperature: 26 degrees C

Tank Information

Size: 60 litres

2x filter
1x heater
1x light
2x bog wood
1x rock
1x resin pipes
5x plantsa

4x botia histrionica (zebra loach)
2x platy

Please help me and my betta ASAP, much appreciated!
Kindly, Ben.

Do the other fish leave him alone?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They don't seem to bother him too much. I have moved him into a quarantine tank now and done a few salt baths so hopefully he will feel better soon!

Plenty of clean water should help him heal. To me it looks like he could have been hurt so you'll need to keep an eye on him when he goes back in. Good luck and keep me updated :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

We did add the loaches recently and they're quite active so maybe that has bothered him a bit. He is looking quite poorly though!

We added some Sterazin to the tank on recommendation from our LFS and will continue with the salt baths so hopefully he will regain healthiness soon :)

Back
Top Bottom