Pindare fry update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbourg746

Aquarium Advice Addict
9 pindare fry left out of the last batch from my buddy. Starting to get some size and look more like a geo. they are growing out in my sons tank now.

They really like spongebob!!!

Attachments

• image-2273834766.jpg
    image-2273834766.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 67
Hahaaa...everyone loves spongebob XD Those little fry are pretty darn cute. Are they the same species you were breeding?

No. These are geophagus sp. pindare. I got the fry from a good friend of mine to start a grow out project. My breeders are all showing breeding dress right now in my 125. The red head tapajos, brachybranchus and altifrons share the 125 and its like the Wild West in there right now. Colored up and chasing each other away. How cool would that be if they all go at the same time!!!

No. These are geophagus sp. pindare. I got the fry from a good friend of mine to start a grow out project. My breeders are all showing breeding dress right now in my 125. The red head tapajos, brachybranchus and altifrons share the 125 and its like the Wild West in there right now. Colored up and chasing each other away. How cool would that be if they all go at the same time!!!

That would be pretty lucky lol

That would be pretty lucky lol

I'm better prepared this time. I have strategically placed wood that is removable for them to spawn on. When/if they do the deed, I'll wait for the fertilization to take place and soon after I will pull the wood. I have 3 20g tanks set up with sponge filters and power heads. I don't want to risk losing another batch due to poor parenting. Every other batch has been eaten.

I'm better prepared this time. I have strategically placed wood that is removable for them to spawn on. When/if they do the deed, I'll wait for the fertilization to take place and soon after I will pull the wood. I have 3 20g tanks set up with sponge filters and power heads. I don't want to risk losing another batch due to poor parenting. Every other batch has been eaten.

Sounds like a good plan!

Its the 2 guppys showing them how it done.

I love this species! (Sorry, not to pour salt in the wound after I decided not to sell) mine are getting around 4", so I'm hoping the reach breeding size soon

Excellent...It will be great seeing the pindare fry grow. I hope you get the spawn before they're eaten. Best of luck, keep us updated. You will have to show us a new YouTube video of your wildwest!

Back
Top Bottom