Pink blood chilid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new to the scene

Aquarium Advice Regular
Acting wired swimming at the bottom and breathing hard added some chemicals for plants yesterday as in co2, Algefix, ph-up, I'm thinking I added also this shocking it some how but it seems to be the only one doing it
37gal
Ammonia=0 everything good but nitrate seems a lil high nothing extreme Ajax him for about 2-3 month fights with angel sometimes

Why are you adding the pH up? It has some added chemicals in it that can mess up your pH that can cause some swings in pH that could kill your fish. It also has other chemicals in it that could be plain old toxic to the fish themselves.

I added it because my ph was low around 6.6 as a community tank I wanted it at 7.0 I checked after using it and it's at 7.1 ish

new to the scene said:
I added it because my ph was low around 6.6 as a community tank I wanted it at 7.0 I checked after using it and it's at 7.1 ish

By adding some crushed coral in very tiny amounts you could have done the same thing without all the chemicals :)

Edit: Also want to add that I think that pH is just fine for most community fish

Stop playing with the pH at all. Let it stabilize and your fish will hopefully follow.

Back
Top Bottom