Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive got about a 4ft carpet of staur repens im abt to trim back if youd like some.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

PoppaRyno thanks for the offer. Fresh said he gots me but if I need more, you'll be the first to know. I want to make an instant carpet so if I don't have enough...expect a pm. Again thanks!

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks yall. It's coming back around. I have to replace my co2 tank. It's almost on empty. I'm going to use my diy rig once I change it out.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finally digging my tank. Here's some pics. Oh thanks Fresh for the stars!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434588140.155924.jpg
Before the stars.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434588177.038096.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434588198.816659.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434588250.721439.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434588285.131856.jpg
After stars

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Glad they arrived on time. You should have a full carpet soon. It should complement the hedge effect you got going.

Glad they arrived on time. You should have a full carpet soon. It should complement the hedge effect you got going.

I just hope there's enough light on the left side for them to grow in. I'm waiting for the blyxa hedge to grow in too. It was pretty bad but seems like they are coming back.

I call it the potion of power. I mix 50/50 glut and h202 in a small spray bottle. Usually I pull out the anubias stick when it gets covered with BBA and Throughly spray it down. Then I let it sit for a min or two. This last time I forgot to put the stick back in the tank and about 20 mins latter I came back to some dried out leaves.

Since then I'm been seeing the leaves show signs of distress. Probably caused by my carelessness.

So I say that to say this....with great power comes great responsibility. Use with caution. I can since I'm a trained professional.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434748404.059191.jpg

Another pittbully tip of the day, brought to you by Flowbee...lol. When I trim off these distressed leaves, I cut off the leaf only. Leaving the stem that comes off the rhizome. Usually another leaf will develop along side the deleafed stem thing. If you cut it too short, no leaf will be able to grow in its place.

When I trim off these distressed leaves, I cut off the leaf only. Leaving the stem that comes off the rhizome. Usually another leaf will develop along side the deleafed stem thing. If you cut it too short, no leaf will be able to grow in its place.

This is a great tip pittbully! Ive not had to trim any leaves from my anubias patch but i will bare this in mind if i do. Thanks for sharing

I call it the potion of power. I mix 50/50 glut and h202 in a small spray bottle. Usually I pull out the anubias stick when it gets covered with BBA and Throughly spray it down. Then I let it sit for a min or two. This last time I forgot to put the stick back in the tank and about 20 mins latter I came back to some dried out leaves.

Since then I'm been seeing the leaves show signs of distress. Probably caused by my carelessness.

So I say that to say this....with great power comes great responsibility. Use with caution. I can since I'm a trained professional.

View attachment 273984

Aww, it lost it's magic!

sit in silence...

View attachment 273984

I think I'll be using this potion from now on haha.

I recently nuked the BBA growing on the substrate (EC). It took probably 3 days before the BBA took on a pinkish hue. During the last WC i siphoned off the offending granules. I still have some BBA on the glass and even on the MTS.

I just did a lil tank maintenance. I removed some substrate that had bba on it and trimmed up the tank. Now I have a ton of clipping.

Back
Top Bottom