Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That tank looks nice, but I want to stick with my lights so I would need a tank that's at least 30in long.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeahhh boy! That's the one...I think the next 20L I setup I will be frosting the back glass rather painting it..

20L Mafia

Hahaha. I haven't committed to buying one yet. I have added a few new plants though from fishperson. I've really been lacking on my tank...dosing, wc, and lighting...So it crashed. But I've finally got back on a schedule so hopefully my 29 can bounce back. Other news just got word I'm staying in north Carolina for another year. So no moving the tank this summer.

Glad you don't have to break down the tank (this year).
The rota mac I got from you is a weed. Not quite the coloration I see online but is a rapid grower.
You'll have more time to enjoy the pergola you built. I ordered a canopy for mine from Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I'm pretty excited about not moving it, but I will probably sell everything since I'll be moving out of country for a lil bit. I wish I had more time with the pergola but with two jobs, I can barely get in family and occasionally cut the grass. I'm out a couple of days this week from both jobs, but I have a screw in my head (dental implant surgery).

20L.....strike whilst the iron is still hot!

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got an ad from pet supplies plus and they have a dollar per gallon sale on right now. 10 gal up to 55's are for sale.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

After some thinking, I decided I'm just gonna stick with the 29g. Ive adopted the lower light method just like skelly and Dave guitar fish from tpt and find it to more enjoyable as far as plant maintenance goes.

Speaking of....I've been in a rut with my tank and decided to add my DW back in and stay on a better maintenance schedule. I've sprayed my dw yesterday with a 50/50 mix of glut and h2o2, which I find to be a great solution, to bba. So I just want to show you guys/gals where I'm at now with my tank. Fresh if you have any extra stars send them my way.

FTS

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434200919.554462.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434201043.889107.jpg

I'm about to do a wc and clean out my filters, I bet they're gross. Let me know what you think.

Very very nice! I really like the colour mix in the stems!

I also like the look of the healthy anubias clump

What I like is how it fills the tank vertically with color and texture. Looking good.
I can get you a ton of stars if you don't mind trimming off the GSA covered OLDER leaves. Mine are way taller than I prefer.

Very very nice! I really like the colour mix in the stems!

I also like the look of the healthy anubias clump

Thanks Skelly! I'm proud of my anubias stick. I've had these guys for a while I'm going to have to trim it up one day when won't fit in the corner. The stems came out better than I planned. I guess it's better to let nature do its thing.

What I like is how it fills the tank vertically with color and texture. Looking good.
I can get you a ton of stars if you don't mind trimming off the GSA covered OLDER leaves. Mine are way taller than I prefer.

Thanks Fresh. I've changed this tank up so much, kinda reminds me of when Brookster made all those changes to his tank. I had good star coverage until I dug them up to rescape. Then my Plecos and corys uprooted them and I never replanted them. So anything now would be great, no matter the condition.

Hey pitt, you watch Dave on YouTube? Tank looks great, I think I need to do something like that in mine. I've got a massive piece of driftwood in there, but it's got a thick coating of BBA. Could you remind me of what your lighting situation is? I'm running an Ecoxotic E-series on mine, currently running at 75% white, 100% RGB.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Digging that anubias path, looks so clean.. a bit fresh as well:) what did I do to my tank? Was it the time I ruined it or made it better??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ive got about a 4ft carpet of staur repens im abt to trim back if youd like some.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey pitt, you watch Dave on YouTube? Tank looks great, I think I need to do something like that in mine. I've got a massive piece of driftwood in there, but it's got a thick coating of BBA. Could you remind me of what your lighting situation is? I'm running an Ecoxotic E-series on mine, currently running at 75% white, 100% RGB.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Thanks Radmax....Yup I follow ADU on YT. One of the best planted YT channels. I'm running dual finnex planted +s. I wish I could dim them but my photo period is 1 fixture 0700 to 930, then both on for 30 min 930-1000, siesta 1000-1300. Then the other fixture 1300-1530, then both on for 30min 1530-1600 for a total of 6 hrs and 1 hr of intense lighting.

Digging that anubias path, looks so clean.. a bit fresh as well:) what did I do to my tank? Was it the time I ruined it or made it better??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hahaha thanks. It reminds me of both. But you bounce back like a Champ. Even after being banned! Free Brookster!

Back
Top Bottom