Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it. It is if that rock is holding back a mountain of vegetation and the star repens are in a little valley. Corny, right?
Fingers crossed on the star repens!
Edit: second pic does not show up on mobile but if you click on the "Web View" button is does. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You crushed it with the rescape... Lookin lush.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks fellas. Behind the rock I have all the macrandra and ludwigia red mixed together to give a pop of reds. Hopefully the s. Repens grow in. I'm going to baby them.

If the s. Rep doesnt take ill throw ya a good rooted patch.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I really like it. The only thing I don't like about it is weighing out the frets each week. I guess I could measure out for a longer duration. I pre measure out the ferts in sandwich baggies and make the days on them. I've increased lighting (letting both lights run together longer) and co2, but don't go over 6 hours of total photo. I've stopped dosing glut and been religious about water changes.

Here the calculator I use.
https://www.thenutrientcompany.com/aquarium/calculators/ei_calculator/

I really like it. The only thing I don't like about it is weighing out the frets each week. I guess I could measure out for a longer duration. I pre measure out the ferts in sandwich baggies and make the days on them. I've increased lighting (letting both lights run together longer) and co2, but don't go over 6 hours of total photo. I've stopped dosing glut and been religious about water changes.

Here the calculator I use.
https://www.thenutrientcompany.com/aquarium/calculators/ei_calculator/

Reason for not mixing in dosing bottles? Preference maybe?

sit in silence...

The main reason I switched was because my dosing bottles were getting mold in there even after adding glut. Probably doesn't help that they are in the garage. Plus I know the plants are receiving what they need.

Happy Friday everybody! Been dealing with some algae issues on my large blyxa but nothing a little H2o2 can't fix. Going to test all my para tonight. Haven't done that in about a year or so. Just to see what they are. Moved my Anubias stick back to the left side. Had trouble with the r. mac not growing, so I'll maybe wait for it to fill in to add back later. I have fissidens rocks on the lrg dw to get more light and grow out a lil before I place them where I want them. Oh and yes I still have the toothpicks, probably could take them out now, but wth let them stay. I also took out all of the sunset, I wasn't really liking the way it grew.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443220262.962136.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443220262.962136.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 55
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443220297.894473.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443220297.894473.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 63
Back
Top Bottom