Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Friday everybody! Been dealing with some algae issues on my large blyxa but nothing a little H2o2 can't fix. Going to test all my para tonight. Haven't done that in about a year or so. Just to see what they are. Moved my Anubias stick back to the left side. Had trouble with the r. mac not growing, so I'll maybe wait for it to fill in to add back later. I have fissidens rocks on the lrg dw to get more light and grow out a lil before I place them where I want them. Oh and yes I still have the toothpicks, probably could take them out now, but wth let them stay. I also took out all of the sunset, I wasn't really liking the way it grew.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Killin it dude...looks phenomenal bruh!

sit in silence...

Really like how this looks. You've got a really nice variety of plants in there and plenty of different textures.

Top notch!

Really like how this looks. You've got a really nice variety of plants in there and plenty of different textures.

Top notch!

Thanks Radmax. Still waiting for some clipping to grow behind the large dw and the s. repens in front of the rock on the right.

Here are some update pics. Temps are starting to drop so I added my heater back in. The r. Repens have took hold and I be managed to trim a little to spread them along the front. The rock on the right is in your face and a little unnatural imo. Might have to remove or add a smaller one. What do yall think?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444219384.063843.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444219407.213940.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444219429.068783.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1444219446.146787.jpg

I like the layering effect. That is quite a stand (of Rotala sp?) along the back.
I'd leave the rock there for now. Once algae/biofilm covers it, it will blend in.

Here are some update pics. Temps are starting to drop so I added my heater back in. The r. Repens have took hold and I be managed to trim a little to spread them along the front. The rock on the right is in your face and a little unnatural imo. Might have to remove or add a smaller one. What do yall think?

View attachment 278916View attachment 278917View attachment 278918View attachment 278919

Lookin top notch Pitbull!
Fresh said rest...

sit in silence...

I like the layering effect. That is quite a stand (of Rotala sp?) along the back.
I'd leave the rock there for now. Once algae/biofilm covers it, it will blend in.

The strand plant is simple ludwigia repens. I had some algae on the rock but I scrubbed it and sprayed a little h2o2 for good measure.

Lookin top notch Pitbull!
Fresh said rest...

Thanks my dude!

sit in silence...

Looks good, but what's the sticks in between the staurs? Toothpicks for holding them down or something else?

Thanks. Sticks are toothpicks and yes you're correct. They are used to hold down the stars before they develop their root system.

Jesse

Ludwigia repens? I will have to get ahold of some (of course will need to make some room).
I really like the layout. You've utilized the vertical space. It says "Dutch" yet the hardscape screams stairway to Anubias heaven.

Ludwigia repens? I will have to get ahold of some (of course will need to make some room).
I really like the layout. You've utilized the vertical space. It says "Dutch" yet the hardscape screams stairway to Anubias heaven.

Just let me know when. I have a ton of it in my endler tank floating. Stairway to anubias heaven.....nice. Thanks.

Yes back right is rotundifolia. I thought he said strand plant in the back. Doh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom