Pittbully's planted tank journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow man, its funny you said that. Because my wife just wanted a betta in a bowl, it died when she left a window open on a cold day![emoji33]
So I bought a smaller tank, and my fish grew out, survived and now my Angels are starting to spawn, in my 90gal community tank!!!

You never know when the Aquarium " bug" bites you, I'm up to 4 tanks and picking up 75 on Sunday!!! Nuts or what???

Clem.

Too funny. I had a bunch of tanks when I first got bit, but now my wife regulates my addiction. I'm trying to talk her in a big discus tank now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Too funny. I had a bunch of tanks when I first got bit, but now my wife regulates my addiction. I'm trying to talk her in a big discus tank now.

Show her a pic of papa's discies!.. oh and... get yourself a fish cave bruh.. everyone is doing it:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can't wait too see your Discus tank!!! One of my favorite fish, I have two and I love em!!! That's why my Angels will be moved out to make room for guess what ?
Dem Discus!!![emoji6]

Clem.

Show her a pic of papa's discies!.. oh and... get yourself a fish cave bruh.. everyone is doing it:)

Great idea. If I do that I'll have dem discus tonight.

Can't wait too see your Discus tank!!! One of my favorite fish, I have two and I love em!!! That's why my Angels will be moved out to make room for guess what ?
Dem Discus!!![emoji6]

Fingers crossed. She really likes discus but has doesn't know the maintenance I'll have to do. Do you have some pics?

Clem.

Well, Brookster said it rite!!!
Show her Poppa's Discus, and Caleb's too!!! And she will have a Discus "FEVER".
When I asked my wife what her favorite fish is , just the other day she chose the Discus dude!!!
It's also funny when I get her to feed the fish , she screams out " There is a strange fish in your tank", and I say to her I swear I don't know how that got there.... " did you buy more fish" ? Well I can only do that for so long, and it took sometime for her to accept that's what I do. She now takes part in feeding them and helping out when I'm not at home !!![emoji39]

Clem.

If/when we get a new tank setup it'll be discus for sure. Hopefully I can incorporate her in that build.

Ooh oooh ooooooh.... Do it. Discus madness. I can't wait to see the build. Bet it puts mine to shame.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ooh oooh ooooooh.... Do it. Discus madness. I can't wait to see the build. Bet it puts mine to shame.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No way. I'll try to mirror yours. Now the controversial question. Co2 or no co2?

In a 55 I'd just run co2 24/7 at 1 bps.. in a discus tank.. know little but that's what I'd do.

New build!!!!
After the move next spring I was contemplating the same Pitt...considered another 40b for that project but it may not be suitable..
You build this discus tank Pittbull Style( tons of anubias)!

sit in silence...

In a 55 I'd just run co2 24/7 at 1 bps.. in a discus tank.. know little but that's what I'd do.

If I do it, It would be a 55. Of course bigger is better, but would there 55 suffice? I would definitely keep easy plants.

I dont Co2 my disc tanks

I know there's different rules of thought. What's yours?

New build!!!!
After the move next spring I was contemplating the same Pitt...considered another 40b for that project but it may not be suitable..
You build this discus tank Pittbull Style( tons of anubias)!

If o do this build it won't be till next year too when we plan on moving. But when I do anubias for sure and maybe buces?

sit in silence...

Super nice!!
Lots of maintenance!!
Well put.
You got as wide a selection of plants as fish.
Really nicely "mixed up".

Super nice!!
Lots of maintenance!!
Well put.
You got as wide a selection of plants as fish.
Really nicely "mixed up".

Thanks CB. Yeah I put in work. I'm leaving next week for business and I had to trim it down since my wife won't touch it. Hopefully she'll dose for me. I have an eclectic bunch from larger shoals that died off and I'm emotional attached to them.

I recently put co2 back on my discus tank. Starting slow in the safe zone but they don't seem phased by it at all.

Caleb

That's good to know. I couldn't imagine a planted tank with out co2 warding off the algae.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom