Pix of my 54 gallon corner tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bballsosh

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all, I just wanted to show off my 54 gallon. I just added the fish today and i love them. I have 3 swanfeldi barb, 3 rainbows (2 yellow 1 turqoise) 1 leopard puffer and a red tailed shark. (Please excuse my spelling). Any advice of the tank is welcomed. Hopefully you all like it.

img_744058_0_6e9b9443b6b584a66174946a1661693a.jpg

img_744058_1_b12d4401407c8ed34537dd93d584eed9.jpg

I like it. Are there any problems between any fish and the puffer? I was looking into those puffers, but have read they can be aggressive. Great looking tank and any advice on those beautiful fish would be appreciated.

Nice tank!

We had a couple of puffers in a 75 gallon at work. they killed the male beta and did a pretty good number on the fins of the two 4" oscars. They are cool looking but they are quite the bullies.

In the fornt that is two pieces of driftwood. Amazing how they just seem to fit toghter. As for the puffer, its doing fine with the other fish. Thanks all for the great comments. I am glad you all like it.

on your second pic, whats that yellow spotted thing on the driftwood? a snail? or a magnified puffer?

SparKy697 said:
We had a couple of puffers in a 75 gallon at work. did a pretty good number on the fins of the two 4" oscars.

surprised the oscars didnt just eat them

can you have puffers in freshwater? I thought they were only brackish. sorry for the noob question.

ryanp said:
can you have puffers in freshwater? I thought they were only brackish. sorry for the noob question.

I read that they start in freshwater but as adults require a brackish environment.

that's a great looking tank. i nearly bought one similar to that a few months ago but my wife wouldn't have been too pleased. so i opted for an xbox360 instead. if we ever move to a bigger house i'm sure i'll get one then. good luck with the tank

Back
Top Bottom