Planning for a future shark tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long would you say I could keep one HAPPY in a 150. I LOVE my fish and really don't want to hurt them! Thx

Mine let's people pet it not just me I've been told to only feed him twice a week no more this is by people who keep sharks for a living and some people say they grow fast but I have seen the same fish store with the same sharks and they don't he has had them for five to six years now and they r only 20 in maybe I be leave what I see not so much of what people tell me everyone has there own opinion

Ya that's y I bought it from him he deals with a lot of sharks and ray he has an octopus I was thinking of getting next

And it's a beautiful shark I love it beast one I have seen so far except for maybe a black tip

I was thinking of a pond they have them a home depot where I live that r 3 ft deep and about 8 foot around this maybe a garage tank where I can go drink beer and watch my sharks and stingrays

Saltwater fanta seas in Portland or but got all my info from a place called seahorse fish supply in Portland they've had sharks ever since I have been going there for ten years at least there tanks r 8ft long 4 ft wide and two feet deep they have had a black tip and a marbled cat shark and leopard shark for about five years now and they all are around 20 to 24 in

They feed them twice a week the sharks let u pet them just like mine so that tells me there not doing to bad that looks like there doing pretty good to me

J33ps said:
Ya that's y I bought it from him he deals with a lot of sharks and ray he has an octopus I was thinking of getting next

The octopus and shark will definitely fight. And the octopus will win.

That would be the most awesome fight ever. Record it. Hha jk dont get the octopus. The odds are he will escape even if you have a lid on the tank. Then he will die.. :(

Not if you use nylon nuts/bolts for the top construction ;) Little octos don't last long enough to fully enjoy their behaviors anyways :(

Ya that's what I've read depending on the type about 6 month to 2 years and I had a body have one in his bedroom every time his girl came in the octopus would hit the tank and spray water all over her it was really funny lol

Ibrahim said:
The octopus and shark will definitely fight. And the octopus will win.

And I wrote earlier that I would put him in his own tank I would never put him in with any fish he would kill them all

Nu-Nu the eel said:
That would be the most awesome fight ever. Record it. Hha jk dont get the octopus. The odds are he will escape even if you have a lid on the tank. Then he will die.. :(

And I would lose that battle lol

I have a bamboo, he is pretty cool.

He is with a Bunch of tangs, clowns, foxface, urchins and hermits.

He goes crazy for food and rips around the tank.

Everybody gets along well.

Attachments

• image-656012726.jpg
    image-656012726.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 135
  • image-525969595.jpg
    image-525969595.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3388985576.jpg
    image-3388985576.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 95
audifusion said:
I have a bamboo, he is pretty cool.

He is with a Bunch of tangs, clowns, foxface, urchins and hermits.

He goes crazy for food and rips around the tank.

Everybody gets along well.

Great tank, I've decided I want to get a Gray Bamboo shark because they look awesome and stay under 30". I would really like a blue spot ray too, going to wait until the tank is built to see if there is enough room.

Back
Top Bottom