Planning my 210 gallon reef tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@greenstreet. Define "better"? I'm curious I've researched these and par ratings are excellent. They work, they last and they're priced right. Just curious as to how u define better? More expensive?

@greenstreet. Define "better"? I'm curious I've researched these and par ratings are excellent. They work, they last and they're priced right. Just curious as to how u define better? More expensive?

Who made the company's rep how long they have been out what LEDs do they use warranty did you take par reading for your self and tell me someone told you or the company told you. And like I said I don't like them it's up to him I just told him how I felt.

I have the same light but non dimmable that I bought over a year ago, still works fine, :) In fact the one I have is too bright so I just ordered and received today the dimmable one.
Mine ran me $100 and I just opened the box and they work just fine.

I believe Mr. X took his own par readings and posted them to the site when he got his. Him and I I believe were some of the first people to jump on board with these lights.

I am very pleased with the light output and extremely pleased with the price. :)

Why don't you like them? Have you ever used them?
I've checked them with my PAR meter, and have found them comparable to a 250 watt halide, as far as PAR numbers go, but I believe they (LED in general) penetrate much better than metal halide.
1 year warranty. I believe that's about all you get on most aquarium fixtures.

Why don't you like them? Have you ever used them?
I've checked them with my PAR meter, and have found them comparable to a 250 watt halide, as far as PAR numbers go, but I believe they (LED in general) penetrate much better than metal halide.
1 year warranty. I believe that's about all you get on most aquarium fixtures.

What's the par you got from it ? Can you add a controller to it I haven't used halides in 6yrs. I don't like it cause it has no controller and its made cheap that's it don't I have the right to like or dis like whatever I want just cause I told him I don't like the light you guys or going crazy and the only reason is cause you own them and for the record I did not tell him not to get it or get mine. You guys need to relax not cause you own something makes it good.

Made cheap? Have you ever seen one in person? No one is "going crazy", we just don't want someone who is clearly misinformed giving the wrong advice.
The OP stated $500.00 a fixture was crazy. I happen to agree with him. Since there is no need for lightening storms, or cloud cover, or transitioning up from dark to light, a controllable fixture is not a necessity. You can grow coral perfectly under these units.

Made cheap? Have you ever seen one in person? No one is "going crazy", we just don't want someone who is clearly misinformed giving the wrong advice.
The OP stated $500.00 a fixture was crazy. I happen to agree with him. Since there is no need for lightening storms, or cloud cover, or transitioning up from dark to light, a controllable fixture is not a necessity. You can grow coral perfectly under these units.

Yes I have seen them before. And once again was showing him what I use like he asked and like I told him I paid 525 for the pair and what makes me misinformed please tell me and it is made cheap no way around that that's why you pay that low price and I never told him it will not work so stop with the long talk its up to him not me or you.

You bought used lighting. That's the information you should have posted. I have sold those AI SOLs. As a matter of fact, I'm still a vendor for them and can get them wholesale. Meanwhile, I use the more reasonably priced units over my own tanks.
Of course it's up to the OP, but he should know all the facts.
If you want aquarium "bling", spend the extra money for all the fancy options. If you just want reasonably priced lighting that will allow you to keep any coral you want, go for the value fixtures.

I'm not saying I didn't see it, I'm saying that was the pertinent information out of your input. Not that you don't like this or he should get something better. Those statements are opinion without any experience to back them up.
Bottom line is you never used the value fixtures, so you really can't comment on them being "cheap".

Ok this post is getting of track. All I did was give him info he asked if I like the one you posted and I gave him my answer then he said can I find him the Ai for less and I told him I would look that's it come. Not going to take over his post hit me a pm or create a new post if you want to discuss more.

Like the great Bob Marley OneLove brother.

Bottom line is there is factual evidence that "value" fixtures are not just usable bit extremely effective. The OP specifically is seeking value and effectiveness. Until there is factual evidence to the contrary I 2nd the use of these lights. Not just from mr. Or Carey but from my own experiences. Note what's needed here are facts not opinions. I'm new to sw just like the op so I don't clam to know everything. BUT if something is proven to work please don't bash it based of biased opinions. Like detective smart said "just the facts". PEACE EVERYONE!

Kphilly25...your private message capacity has been met. You need to delete some messages in order for me to respond. I'll respond here in the interim-
No. Moonlights are unnecessary, so I don't look for them in a fixture. If you want to view your tank at night, I would suggest using a small flashlight. I have used blue Christmas lights as moonlights, along with a few other ideas. Any dim light will work.

Kphilly25...your private message capacity has been met. You need to delete some messages in order for me to respond. I'll respond here in the interim-
No. Moonlights are unnecessary, so I don't look for them in a fixture. If you want to view your tank at night, I would suggest using a small flashlight. I have used blue Christmas lights as moonlights, along with a few other ideas. Any dim light will work.

Thanks for the advice! I got a new account because my last email was unorganized. If you would like, just PM now.

Ok this post is getting of track. All I did was give him info he asked if I like the one you posted and I gave him my answer then he said can I find him the Ai for less and I told him I would look that's it come. Not going to take over his post hit me a pm or create a new post if you want to discuss more.

Like the great Bob Marley OneLove brother.

Clear your PM inbox.

Back
Top Bottom