Plant id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like Elodia densa to me. It's fine to use with CO2 but liquid carbon melts it.

I'd float it for awhile. I'm pretty sure it doesn't like really warm temps but don't know what is the high range for it. It's considered an invasive plant by the US Gov.

I'd float it for awhile. I'm pretty sure it doesn't like really warm temps but don't know what is the high range for it. It's considered an invasive plant by the US Gov.

I think I may strip the leaves off too since they are brown anyways so they don't all find there way all over my tank. I didn't think of floating them sounds like a good idea.

It's just like anacharis, you can float it or not. You can always float some and plant some. I'd trim any dead of brown patches away.

It's just like anacharis, you can float it or not. You can always float some and plant some. I'd trim any dead of brown patches away.

All the leaves are brown. And my temp is 75-76 degrees

Then leave it alone and just float it. I probably won't come back but by some slim chance it could. I still see green in the stems so it has a chance.

Then leave it alone and just float it. I probably won't come back but by some slim chance it could. I still see green in the stems so it has a chance.

Guess only time will tell. Hopefully it doesn't get covered in algae considering the surface par is almost 1000 lol

Try planting some then and floating some. I've floated plants under my metal halides with algae issues before.

Try planting some then and floating some. I've floated plants under my metal halides with algae issues before.

Okay do they need root tabs or do they feed off the water column. Sorry I can't find much on this plant.

Back
Top Bottom