Plant recs for a dwarf cichlid tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rams are awesome......my German blue is my favorite fish by far. He is in a 29 community tank, which is moderately planted. If you are sticking with low light/maintenance plants, I wouldn't go nuts with ferts and Excel. I just started using osmocote plus tabs, but only because I have been adding a lot of plants. Before that, I never dosed, and I have a single 6700 fluorescent bulb. My plants are looking great.

I have a school of 8 black skirt tetras in the tank, and the ram actually schools with them, no bs! It's pretty funny actually. He is not shy at all, and very rarely looks for shade. He doesn't even use the nice cave made him! Point is, every fish has it's own personality, so I would go with what you have and play it by ear. Schooling fish will definitely be a help.

Have fun with your dwarf cichlid.....you will not be disappointed. One last point: the hardiness of the fish you get depends on where the stock is from. If you trust your lfs and the stock is healthy and happy, chances are a "sensitive" fish will acclimate to your tank very nicely, even if your ph and such are off a little. I had read that German blues were a little sensitive, but I found that to be inaccurate.

Back
Top Bottom