Plant Safety 101

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have all kinds of snails from plants... They don't bother me much as they're all healthy algae eating species. Pond sails and these little white clam shell snails are the passengers for me.

But I agree... I rinse my plants..... well..... H2O2 or bleach dips would of been prudent in my case but unfortunately I choose to learn the hard way..

Bought me a turkey baster going pond snail hunting

Last edited:
T, I'm realizing that I didn't do as good of a job cleaning it up as I had thought. After being gone with the lights out for three days, the compacta is covered in the black stuff. I'm currently researching for something that will eat diatoms but not get eaten by pea puffers.

For me, A few days in a quarantine tank with algaefix will clear any algae (of most types) and snails as well. Also gives time to keep an eye for other oddities. Then introduce to properly balanced tank. There are those who keep a completely algae sterile tank, not me, but just a different approach I suppose.

I was wrong !!!!!!!!

I know the restaurant and beer brewing industry use a tiny fraction of that to sanitize. A capful in a five gallon bucket will kill cooties. That was why I asked.

Are all your plants white? Just kidding. :)

I know the restaurant and beer brewing industry use a tiny fraction of that to sanitize. A capful in a five gallon bucket will kill cooties. That was why I asked.

Are all your plants white? Just kidding. :)
Im way dumber than I look

Don't have any of those, but in 25 yrs of marriage I've never been right. Lol

Back
Top Bottom