Plant suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppygourami

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hiya everyone, I have a 23 gallon long tank with two angelfish, five danios and two neon tetras. Looking to change up the tank a bit with new fish and some live plants, any suggestions? And if you could include how to take care of them too that would be great because I have no idea. Thank you! :)

<g.m.t.a>

Live plants really are an awesome addition to any tank. What is your lighting like? I assume that you have the stock fluorescent lighting that comes with most tanks. With that you can try Java fern, Anubias, and maybe some Vallisneria. They all grow pretty much on their own and could benefit from some basic liquid ferts.

1+ above suggestion. Check out Rastaman's most recent post in this forum. That tank is all Anubias (IMO the heartiest plant). There are so many different varieties of Anubias that you could do an awesome tank with barely any effort.

You could probably get away with generic lights and dose Excell for C02, then add some liquid ferts once or twice a week.

At about 3:50 into this video they talk about different types of Anubias. Easy and beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom