Planted 20 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only see pearling after water changes. Only then, no other times.

I belive that is due to the much higher oxygen levels after a water change and the water can not absorb any more do it shows up as bubbles as the plants release it. Someone correct le if I'm wrong but I think that was how I read it

I have a question about the dwarf baby tears should I break it into pieces and plant it in a checkerboard pattern to fill in faster like dwarf hairgrass or am I better off just leaving it and getting more as I go. I'm not able to get all the plants at once so it will be a few rounds before I'm done.

I have a question about the dwarf baby tears should I break it into pieces and plant it in a checkerboard pattern to fill in faster like dwarf hairgrass or am I better off just leaving it and getting more as I go. I'm not able to get all the plants at once so it will be a few rounds before I'm done.

Yes, it is better to break it up in small clumps and plant in a checkerboard pattern about an inch apart. I used three pots in my 12 gallon.
img_2427576_0_18e9ec559abb2a54b13a607f4bd6d869.jpg

Yes, it is better to break it up in small clumps and plant in a checkerboard pattern about an inch apart. I used three pots in my 12 gallon.

How'd you get it to stay I had to put a plant weight in my piece to keep it from floating.

If u look at my previously posted pic of it there is no stem I literally have it just sitting on top of the substrate there weren't even enough roots to bury.

Mine wasn't potted so I guess what ill do is let the root system establish itself and I will def be seperating it like that thank you for the info

I finally cut up the dwarf baby tears. Hopefully I did it right. Now with med-high light co2 and using the ferts I'm using what might be a timeframe that it will fill in that corner?

ForumRunner_20130414_202741.jpg

Nice under what kinda lighting? I am at med/high at the substrate I'm thinking of pitting something just above the baby tears so they have a lil extra light just not sure what I should go with. Something that is cheap but good and will just be like a spotlight on that front corner.

Would one of theese help right above the baby tears?
*SHO Power Compact Lights:

needed by zooxanthellae living within corals, complimented by actinic LEDs or MHs).

Keep in mind that there is vastly more research $$$ into horticulture than into aquarium keeping (the money generated by the aquarium industry is just a needle in the haystack compared to most other industries), sadly this point is missed while many continue to use older less efficient, yet often more expensive lighting technology for their planted aquariums.

In fact the medical community is now utilizing these SHO bulbs (& similar full spectrum lights, which is also often making the SHO in short supply) due to increasing studies that show better immune function, mental health, and more. Similar animal studies show like results. I learned of this when inquiring as to why the SHO lights were currently unavailable from the North American distributor, and they pointed out that several hospitals and convalescent homes had purchased over 1500 of these lights. They pointed out the simplicity of these Super High Output bulbs are quickly making these a favorite of the medical community for their full spectrum light needs (I now use a few 65 Watt 6400K SHOs in my home after learning this and there is certainly a difference).

See these references: *New Science Sheds Light on Immune Deficiencies *Light as a Nutrient

Well that's not one of the SHOs. Maybe it'll help a little but I don't think much. Are you hanging it pendant style with a reflector?

It will be in a cone about 5" off the water directly above the corner of the tank with the baby tears. Where would you reccomend I look for a SHO CFL 6700K the only sho at home depot was $250.00 per bulb. Ant that's not a typo

Back
Top Bottom