Planted Bowls!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok picked up my bowl at lunch time. I picked one with a wide top on it. I really like it. I am putting white sand and a large Rock maybe and the plants I just got today. Here it is with nothing in it.

image-3246622847.jpg

Will post another pic later after I put everything in it. Ordered my shrimp today and can't wait to get them.

Yeah maybe :) does anyone know what temperature RCS need? I was hoping to put some in my bowl when it's done :)

I took some soil out of a pot with a dead plant my mom was going to throw out. I was thinking I could put that in the bowl first, then the plants, and then cover the soil with gravel. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image-1064982223.jpg
    image-1064982223.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 138
I took some soil out of a pot with a dead plant my mom was going to throw out. I was thinking I could put that in the bowl first, then the plants, and then cover the soil with gravel. What do you guys think?

Probably not if you plan to put living critters in it. You don't know what chemicals were used in the pot, also that soil might have pearlite or vermiculite in it and those are floaty. I believe this may be why organic potting soil is recommended.

On the other hand, I used clay soil that I dug up in the back yard. So I plan to only have plants in mine. ( At least for a long time. )

Probably not if you plan to put living critters in it. You don't know what chemicals were used in the pot, also that soil might have pearlite or vermiculite in it and those are floaty. I believe this may be why organic potting soil is recommended.

On the other hand, I used clay soil that I dug up in the back yard. So I plan to only have plants in mine. ( At least for a long time. )

Maybe I will just buy some then

Well all this talk got me interested so I found a bow and tried my hand. If this turns into anything like my other tanks I won't be able to stop messing with it for at least another week.

It's simple and I'll probably change soon.

Cool thread everyone.

Attachments

• image-2073831878.jpg
    image-2073831878.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 144
So I put a small moss ball and some hornwort in there and I think Ill just leave it for a little unless I want to put another plant in there. I like how that on plant grew to the top and opened up. I have little java ferns I could put in there. I also might go get some ghost shrimp soon. What do you guys think?

image-1999448253.jpg

Check out those minnows! Still a little foggy.

image-572197800.jpg

Oh I can't wait for the weekend to get here so I can get into town and buy what I need to start mine!! Everyones are looking AWESOME!!

I'm loving this thread! Everyone's jumping in on It i figure what the heck worth a try at some aquascaping with it :) now to find a bowl!

Ok I have been stalking from the first post lol... I am sooo going start one too now lol. My son wants to make one too!! Will start picking up stuff this weekend hopefully!!

image-1080534508.jpg

Finally found a 1 gallon hex bowl lol used river rock for hardscape and fanwort for the plants. Going to try and trim it up a bit and make it a rounded appearance with the rocks sticking out of the side

Only had the snails for a day and eggs!!! Also see some mating!

image-1695537503.jpg

EWW!!!

Attachments

• image-3965742519.jpg
    image-3965742519.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 158
Back
Top Bottom