Planted Equip for sale. Getting rid of it all.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRagg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
A year ago when I was really into the planted tank thing, I spent a TON of money trying to get things right. I finally did and my tank was gorgeous. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to keep up with the fertilizing and pruning so that it looks good. With this setup, you can have a gorgeous 10 gallon planted aquarium.

What I have for sale:

A Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator ($70 shipped). Works well. No instructions, but comes with 4-5 feet of black CO2 resistant tubing. I can help you with setting it up if you need me to.

A 5lb Aluminum CO2 tank ($50 plus shipping). To be honest, I'm not sure how economical it is to ship one of these. I think there are around 3 years left on the hydro test. If you can find a better deal locally, go for it. I may end up selling this locally since shipping will probably be a bear.

A 20" Current USA Orbit fixture (40W dual daylight / 40W Actinic) (asking $50 plus shipping). This is a very high quality fixture. It is built for a 20" tank, but the legs extend and it could probably be used for a 24" tank as well. Plenty of light for growing your plants. The daylight bulb has a lot of hours on it, so it may be due to be replaced.

A "whole load of ferts". I used some of these dry ferts, but as you can imagine 6 months of dosing a 10 gallon tank didn't make much of a dent. You will get what is left of 2lb of Potassium Nitrate, 1lb of Potassium Sulphate, 1lb of Potassium Phosphate, 1lb of CSM+B. I also have two 4oz. dosing bottles. These things make dosing so much easier. It's not really economical to ship ferts unless you're buying them all. Make an offer on the ferts if you're interested. I will add $9 to cover a flat rate USPS box anywhere in the continental US (remember, it's about 5lb of ferts).

If you decide that you want multiple items, let me know and I can surely combine shipping. I only plan to charge you what it costs me to ship.

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask. Please PM me with any offers or questions as I probably won't be checking this thread very regularly (PMs give me an email notification).

Thanks,
Jeff

I'm interested in the ferts as well. I'm also interested in the light. I'm looking to upgrade my current lighting on my 20g tall at the moment. Any idea what shipping would cost to 57701?

black hills tj said:
grr sorry bout the posting problems, interent is lagging a bit

is this the correct fixture?

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=15690&N=2004+113345

Yeah, that's the same fixture (the 20" one). I'll have to check on shipping. USPS upped its rates for large boxes. This should still be considered a small box though. I'm in 66062 if you want to run a quick estimate. Not sure of the weight, I can check that tonight. If you're interested in the fixture, PM me your email address and I'll send you some pictures.

As far as the ferts go, yes they are Greg Watson ferts. Looks like retail for new ferts is $26, the dosing bottles are no longer available, and a 10 pack of root tabs (flourish) is $7.50.

So I would ask:
$14 for the dry ferts listed
$3.50 for the 10 pack of root tabs (forgot to mention these above)
$4.00 for both of the dosing bottles
-----------------------------------------
Or $20 + shipping costs takes it all

im intrested in the co2 tank as ive been searching for one for my 10g but i dont kno what shipping would be as im in canada:( i might be able to get one cheaper locally ill chack around if no luck then we can talk more:)

ryan said:
im intrested in the co2 tank as ive been searching for one for my 10g but i dont kno what shipping would be as im in canada:( i might be able to get one cheaper locally ill chack around if no luck then we can talk more:)

I would check local brew shops or welding places. Shipping to Canada will probably be cost prohibitive. I'm not sure how the hydrotest would carry over either.

JRagg said:
A Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator ($70 shipped). Works well. No instructions, but comes with 4-5 feet of black CO2 resistant tubing. I can help you with setting it up if you need me to.

A 5lb Aluminum CO2 tank ($50 plus shipping). To be honest, I'm not sure how economical it is to ship one of these. I think there are around 3 years left on the hydro test. If you can find a better deal locally, go for it. I may end up selling this locally since shipping will probably be a bear.

any of these items good for a 75g setup?

The ferts are spoken for pending working out shipping.

The regulator is the same that you would use on any planted setup, no matter what size tank. The CO2 tank would work on any setup as well, but some would recommend a 10lb tank since that would last longer.

kaz said:
what is shipping for the tank and regulator? to Los Angeles?

From 66062 to 90012 using:

Priority Mail ~$17
Fedex Home Delivery ~$10

I would use Home Delivery (an offshoot of FedEx Ground). By far the cheapest, and it's still a 3 day delivery. So a shipped regulator and tank to you would be $130.

The hydrotest on the aluminum CO2 tank is dated 1/2006, so it expires on 1/2011.

The CO2 tank & regulator are still available (will do $120 shipped for both in the continental US)

The Current USA Orbit light is also still available.

I sold the CO2 tank locally.

$65 shipped for the regulator. That is a steal compared to what you'll find it for on eBay. Remember, this is a Milwaukee MA957 CO2 Regulator with bubble counter, needle valve, and solenoid valve. One heck of a steal for $65.

Ferts, tank, and regulator are all sold.

All that's left is the light.

A 20" Current USA Orbit fixture (40W dual daylight / 40W Actinic) (asking $50 plus shipping). This is a very high quality fixture. It is built for a 20" tank, but the legs extend and it could probably be used for a 24" tank as well. Plenty of light for growing your plants. The daylight bulb has a lot of hours on it, so it may be due to be replaced.

If you're trying to do a 10-15g high tech planted tank, this light is for you. Awesome lighting. 40W of usable plant light, and 40W of Actinic to make the colors in your tank really stand out. Don't forget the moonlights. Those are especially neat at night in a dark room.

Back
Top Bottom