Planted Predator Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One oscar in a 75 is a nice fit. Some people have said that 75 is the minimum for a oscar with a 55 being to small (not enough back-to-front room for a 12"+ fish).

I would put him in with plants from the get-go and hope it sticks. Sometimes I think their hate of plants is hardwired.

I did hear a funny story once about someone who would buy java fern and put it inside clear balls (think hamsters) and watch his oscar push the ball around trying to get at the plant.

Hahaha my friend had 2 in his 220 not at the same time. One didnt mind the tank but he got hole on head thing.n died then he got a baby 1 incher n killed al the plants n every fish there

OK.. thanks for the info. I was told at the LFS that they can't be sold here... and like I said, I'm not a fisherman... lol. I still think some longears or pumkinseeds would be awesome.

Did you go to aquatek? Their products are nice...but their knowledge in freshwater things is close to 0.

I spoke with Jake at River City yesterday afternoon and he said he would look around for a couple of really cool fish for me. Looking at pikes, pickerels, bass, gars, and other large predators... also looking at sunfish if I can find them... Just feeling a little overwhelmed and ADD at the moment from researching so many species... lol

And I'm aware that my 75 will eventually be too small for an Oscar and large tankmates, but that will just give me an excuse (as if I really need one) to upgrade to a 200+ gallon tank like I want.

And I'm aware that my 75 will eventually be too small for an Oscar and large tankmates, but that will just give me an excuse (as if I really need one) to upgrade to a 200+ gallon tank like I want.

i wish that worked for me i had to down grade from 6 tanks to 1 and 1 betta bowl but im gonna sneak a 29 planted to my room,

ya at some point i had my 75 when it was a reef, a 37 cichlid, a 29and 20 long community a te betta breeder a 75 turtle with guppy n molly in the living room and my parents got mad so i made a pond for my turtles and took the 75 to the garage, the reef died 2 months later( well started to die) so i took the cichlids and put them in the 75 and the community was given to my sister and ten was sold and just not too long ago the 20 long cracked

Back
Top Bottom