Planted Tank upgrade and questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, I believe it's just water sprite :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think they're just green crypts. I got them in the pack at petsmart and they've grown numerous and huge. I separated them into about 30 different plants a couple months ago and threw half of them out and I'm about to need to do it again!
Yeah Sk3lly I looked up the limnophila and it looks really cool :)

I think they're just green crypts. I got them in the pack at petsmart and they've grown numerous and huge. I separated them into about 30 different plants a couple months ago and threw half of them out and I'm about to need to do it again!
Yeah Sk3lly I looked up the limnophila and it looks really cool :)

It grows amazingly fast as well!

Once I get things balanced out I want to look into some of the more demanding stem plants:)
Maybe some limnophila or myrio or rotala wallichi and ludwigia peruensis.

Once I get things balanced out I want to look into some of the more demanding stem plants:)
Maybe some limnophila or myrio or rotala wallichi and ludwigia peruensis.

I got wallichii growing at moment. Pogostemon stellata too is a more advanced plant

Ok I added a little submersible filter from my beta tank right above my diffuser (says it's only 53 gph but it's blowing harder than my aqueon quiet flow 30 ever has). So now it's chopping up the CO2 bubbles perfectly and blowing them all over the tank.. Except it's pushing my rotala over. I can't seem to find a good place for it. http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums...9-610B-4668-822A-BA420C418A81_zps7uucf64q.jpg

I have one just like that as a diffuser too. Mine has a flow adjustment on the sidem. Yours??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I got wallichii growing at moment. Pogostemon stellata too is a more advanced plant

Oh I forgot how much I love pogostemon! I had helferi growing a while back but I think it died of nutrient deficiency because I wasn't dosing any ferts.

Oh I forgot how much I love pogostemon! I had helferi growing a while back but I think it died of nutrient deficiency because I wasn't dosing any ferts.

I got erectus, stellata and helfuri ;)

I have one just like that as a diffuser too. Mine has a flow adjustment on the sidem. Yours??

Well I'm not exactly using is as a diffuser. I just have it located above my diffuser so it blows the bubbles around. Is there a way to directly attach the airline tube into it? That'd be convenient:) mine is the ovation 210 submersible filter and no, it does not seem to have any flow adjustment.

Oh, mines a hagen..i just pushed the tube in between the slots on the bottom and pushed it through the foam up to the impellar.. you can hear it karate chopping the bubbles! Hayyyahhhhhhh!!

Haha! Hey that's a great idea. I'll see if I can play around with it:)

Yours must be way stronger than mine, very only used it with diy which was running around 1.5 bps..

The crypt in question is most likely crypt wendtii green.
That sure is a CO2 blizzard in that tank.
Sometimes to appreciate pearling, near the end of the photo period if you shut off the filters and pumps, you will see what's really going on in there.

The crypt in question is most likely crypt wendtii green.
That sure is a CO2 blizzard in that tank.
Sometimes to appreciate pearling, near the end of the photo period if you shut off the filters and pumps, you will see what's really going on in there.

I shut everything off for a half hour at the end of the photoperiod to watch the bubble fest lol

Back
Top Bottom