Planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great! Welcome to the forum. There are lots of folks here that enjoy building and managing aquariums just like yourself.

I love that you've jumped right into fertilizing your aquarium with carbon dioxide. When there is carbon dioxide in the water, there is a great potential for rapid growth. This potential can be realized by increasing the light-level in the aquarium which will increase the rate of photosynthesis.

What kind of lights do you have? T8 Fluorescent? T5? LED?

I have LED lights, I bought the marine land crescent 3.

I do my best to give the plants 12 hours of light. I started with these plants yesterday, and I've done research and I want to be able to grow more of these plants

Is your substrate gravel? If so the sword will probably need root tabs. (Its cheapest to diy, which you can find out how to do online

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could just buy them, but that gets to be expensive. Instead I would buy gelatin capsules in size 0, and fill them with Dynamite Plant Food (the kind in a red bottle). They can be purchased on Amazon for under 15 dollars, and that gets you 300 tabs (the capsules) and i think 2lbs of the fert, which is plenty for a while. The one problem with doing this is it risks ammonia problems, since the ferts are meant for use on plants in pots.
For more info on these tabs, just google "DIY root tabs" and there should be a thread on this forum (where I got this recipe) and for The Planted Tank (I haven't looked at this one yet, but I'm sure it's good.

I do my best to give the plants 12 hours of light. I started with these plants yesterday, and I've done research and I want to be able to grow more of these plants

Put your lights on a timer. Keeping lights on longer isn't the answer. Most planted tanks just need 6-8hrs of light or you may grow algae.

CO2 is great, make sure it's timed as well so it's not wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom