Plants for new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Landonwyeley16

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 36 gallon tank and wanted to know what kind of live plant would be good for a school of:
5 flame tetras
5 lemon tetras
And also would b able to withstand:
1 pearl gourami
2 Bolivian rams
And I will also have:
1 bn pleco
3 yo-yo loaches
If that makes any difference pleas comment and tell me your opinions. :)

Hello Landon...

I think some easy to grow, hardy plants are best. Check out species of Anubias, like nana or nangi. These will work with even aggressive fish. Java fern and some kinds of Cryptocoryne are good choices too.

B

I have a 36 gallon tank and wanted to know what kind of live plant would be good for a school of:
5 flame tetras
5 lemon tetras
And also would b able to withstand:
1 pearl gourami
2 Bolivian rams
And I will also have:
1 bn pleco
3 yo-yo loaches
If that makes any difference pleas comment and tell me your opinions. :)

What sort of lighting do you have?

Liting

Well I got my tank at a gorage sell and it did not come with lighting + the tank is octagonal and it has been hard to find a hood and light for it so I was looking for tough plants that don't need much light just for now antil I find a suitable light. So if u have any suggestions regarding light and or plants pleas leave a coment.

Anubias nana, amazon sword, anacharis are among my favorite plants that are low cost and low maintenance

With no lighting at all even with ambient light from windows even anubias, java ferns, and crypts will struggle. These are 3 of the lowest light tolerant plants but I'm not sure I'd spend money on them until you get a light.

Sure they will as long as they have a filter, heater, and get fed. They can live by the ambient room light.

Back
Top Bottom