Plants in a bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skylane

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just wanted to share this plant bowl and how it turned out to be so nice, and it sits in the bathroom on a shelf , but to my surprise how well it grew out? At first there was some smooth stones, a bamboo plant, and a house plant vine which took root a grew out and hangs off the bowl. During that time I had many broken plants that were just dropped in to the mix, baby tears , java ferns , and a nice pink leaf hygro but not sure which type. We found some snails in there, I think they're pond snails, also I put some RCS in about 3 of them. I'm not sure how the RCS will do , but they got their color back , kinda cool to look at. The only lighting is the florescent light in the bathroom, and I thought these plants needed high light? The baby tears grew emersed just floating around, and the hygro has a deep color on mid to too leaves. I'm not sure about the shrimp , there is no heater in there but they seem happy for now.
It's kind of cool when , when things turn out and you didn't plan them!!![emoji38]

Clemuploadfromtaptalk1451974303128.jpguploadfromtaptalk1451974404573.jpguploadfromtaptalk1451974491751.jpguploadfromtaptalk1451974688921.jpg

That's pretty cool Clem. Definitely a good use for the bowl rather than a fish...

Caleb

Thanks, Caleb.
To honest my wife started this out when I found some snails in some plants that I had bought, and then she took some plant clippings , snails and plants my fish just loved to eat, my Discus and Angels to be exact , they loved munching on the baby tears [emoji34].
I'm loving how this bowl just naturalized and now its supporting RCS, I'll see how the shrimps do, I may move them latter on.

Clem

That looks really cool Clem! I like the bamboo sticking out the top:)
Thanks Nils, I like what your doing with your builds too, your much like a naturalist dude, very cool stuff you do!!![emoji38]

Clem

Back
Top Bottom