Plants in buckets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delapool

AA Member
Site Team
Wondering how long plants can go in buckets for? I’ve got the lid on but could take lids off and try to spread out plants between 4 buckets. The bolbitis and anubias I definitely want to keep as were expensive. Java fern I’ve got heaps of and planning to bin some so not too worried.

I could put in tank but need a wash, clean and prune first really. Thanks!

Wondering how long plants can go in buckets for? I’ve got the lid on but could take lids off and try to spread out plants between 4 buckets. The bolbitis and anubias I definitely want to keep as were expensive. Java fern I’ve got heaps of and planning to bin some so not too worried.

I could put in tank but need a wash, clean and prune first really. Thanks!

Do you have a spare desk lamp on hand? With that over the bucket + the species you mentioned, they could stay in there indefinitely ;)

I would say up to a week is fine, I've kept plants (that I was planning on tossing away anyway) in a bucket of water (no light, regular water change water) for a week + and they still looked fine when I dumped the pail in my garden.

I held bunch of Anubias in a bucket for a week or so without any ill signs. I did have a lamp for it for few hours a day however. In future I will not hesitate to do this again if the need suddenly arises.

I had some in a clear bucket by a window for a few months. I used old tank water to freshen and feed the plants. Lol.

Thanks! Pretty swamped at moment. Fish look ok. They watched on this morning as I foolishly grabbed new steak knives to cut my thumb quite deep (was thinking of the kid safe ones lol). So plants still in bucket. Do still have air pumps.

Back
Top Bottom