Plants online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevenht

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. I have been getting my plants from my LFS and the big pets (good plants at mine). Unfortunately, I'm very limited in my selection. My crypto wendii's from Pets are very good. My bunch plants from my LFS are hit or miss.

I just got my 46 bowfront set up and it's cycling with Stability and in the meantime I want to order some bushy plants. I have 2 led strips that came with it so it should be alright until I order my Finnex Planted+ in the next few weeks. I have some Wisteria in there that will take off but not enough to create a big bush of green plants.

I was looking at plants like Hygrophilia Corymbosa. Any other plants anybody can think of like the Green Temple's? I have a few swords that I'm moving over but they will be on the opposite side and may take awhile to really take off.

I have co2 booster but not a pressurized system. Floramax substrate and I'm getting Flourish soon. So in a months time I'll have a high light setup without the pressurized co2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to ask the most important question.

Where can I get some plants online, without the overnight or 2-day shipping costs?

I forgot to ask the most important question.

Where can I get some plants online, without the overnight or 2-day shipping costs?

I ordered from Planted Aquariums Central and was very happy with the plants I got and also thought the shipping was reasonable. You can also try obtaining plants from other hobbyists here and on dedicated aquatic plant boards.

Becareful with high light and non pressurised, algae can take over very very quick. Also I'd look into EI dry fert dosing rather than flourish.
You'll need to be atleast double dosing excel/co2 booster if going high light.

A lot of people on these forums sell plants, I'd have a browse of the classifieds section :)

Thanks Bert. I didn't realize I had to double dose. I'll be sure to do that. I did know that co2 can control algae but didn't realize that high light and no pressurized system can produce algae. I think that's why other tank had a big build up. I didn't mind the algae for a snack for my loaches and BN pleco. They didn't seem to mind it.

I'll check out the classifieds.

try the classified section many have plants 4 sale and you always get better quality from you fellow members

Back
Top Bottom