Plants That Won’t Be Eaten??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superpeytonm

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey, all!

I have long since dreamed of planting my 75g, but unfortunately I have silver dollars, which are voracious plant-eaters. The duckweed I bought disappeared before the night was over.

So I was wondering: what plants could I possibly use in this tank? I need something hardy and simple to grow, as I’m very new to plants.

I was thinking dwarf hairgrass and maybe some hornwort.

How does this sound?

Those will both get eaten

You may be able to get away with anubias tied down + glued.

I’ll have to consider anubias. Do they get very large? I’d love to fill out the dead spaces in my tank with beautiful, large live plants.

Is there any kind of fast-growing carpeting plants that might survive the carnage of my fish?

I’ll have to consider anubias. Do they get very large? I’d love to fill out the dead spaces in my tank with beautiful, large live plants.

Is there any kind of fast-growing carpeting plants that might survive the carnage of my fish?

Nope, carpeting plants would get ripped to shreds. I can't even grow the very simplest carpeting plants with 2 goldfish in my tank let alone silver dollars.

Anubias come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. Big - small, huge - medium sized.

Heavy-Duty Plants

Hey, all!

I have long since dreamed of planting my 75g, but unfortunately I have silver dollars, which are voracious plant-eaters. The duckweed I bought disappeared before the night was over.

So I was wondering: what plants could I possibly use in this tank? I need something hardy and simple to grow, as I’m very new to plants.

I was thinking dwarf hairgrass and maybe some hornwort.

How does this sound?

Hello Sup...

Water lettuce, Java fern, Onion plant, Anubias and Cryptocoryne are some good aquatic plants. If you'd rather use house plants, then Aglaonema is a good one.

B

I’ll probably try anubias in my 75g then. Maybe some java ferns too.

I was wondering—what kind of plants could I keep in my 10g N. multifasciatus colony tank? I think live plants would make that more bare tank pop, but I don’t know how they would fare with this species and their shells. I’ve never seen them nip at plant matter, but they are cichlids...

Back
Top Bottom