Plants with RCS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay everyone I am getting 15 RCS from Majbaralona in the near future and so far all I have in the tank is a moss ball and lucky bamboo. What plants do great in low light tanks?

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

The Bamboo will rot if it stays submerged. If it can grow out the top that works.

Java Fern
Java Moss
Anubias
Crypts ( need root tabs)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419816505.927010.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419816586.265937.jpg

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you and the tops(leaves) are out of water. I will have to look into getting some Java moss and fern and I thought crypts where med light plants I have flourish and root taps already ordered.

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

I've had good luck with S. Repens in my low light tank. They are also good because they can be quick growers once they acclimate. Riccia is also good, but requires a bit more maintenance. I attached some to some rocks with mesh and they created a nice little pillow of food. They have been my shrimps primary shrimp hangout while the slow growing moss fills out.

Just ordered my plants from Peabody paradise :) ty to whoever give me the coupon code :) and even though he is not on here thanks to my hunny(for letting me use his credit card to order :) )

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

Crypts do well in low light as long as the roots are well fed and the shrimp (especially babies) are often found on the tops of the crypt leaves grazing. I also find them on the moss but they totally ignore the moss ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

1 x Crypt Pontederiifolia
1 x Contortion Vallisneria
1 x 5 for $10 bunch deal!(no clue but excited anyways lol)
1x Java Moss
All from Peabody's Paradise

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

Back
Top Bottom