plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matthew_raw

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can i use plant trimmings in my aquarium to grow new plants? sounds like a silly question but i really dont know becuase with garden plants you can plant them and they grow?

I know you can with some plants but It probably depends on the plant. For most beginner plants you can. Divide them or regrow from new trimmings. I would recommend you putting the trimmings in a cup or jar because not all where grow, some will rot and foul your water.

All stem plants can be trimmed and the tops replanted. Other plants such a crypts need to be divided.

You look like you have dwarf hair grass which you can split into smaller 1/2" clumps and replant. You can't cut it like a stem plant but you can split larger pieces as they grow larger and replant them.

And I can't tell exactly what the plant on the far back right is but it appears to be a stem plant. First you need to pull it up and plant each stem individually where its leaves almost touch the leaves of the other stems around it. So with this one you can trim the stems and replant them to make a larger grouping. The rest of the plant you can't.

Back
Top Bottom