Platy has ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

electromango

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does my male black variatus platy have ich...

53B785AD-F9D4-476C-AD2F-71CAF679C219_zpsf5mwfwpo.png Photo by koa4 | Photobucket

He's had something like this since I got him (about a month ago). He still eats. However, yesterday night I spotted him whipping/thrashing his body against a plant several times. None of my other fish have these silver spots/scales like he does. So does he have ich?

If he does, does it go away on its own or do I have to give meds? I don't have a QT, so my 29g is the only tank I have, and I probably can't get another one yet. Thanks for any help.

I can't really tell form that picture. However, ich appears to be grains of salt that are on a fishes body.

It can be treated by raising the temperature of the water by 1 degree every hour until it hits 86 degrees and keeping it there for a week after the last signs of ich are gone.

Can anyone help as to if black variatus platies normally have these silver spots on them...

Can anyone help as to if black variatus platies normally have these silver spots on them...

You're going to have to get a better picture of what you're talking about I think. If it's obviously the entire scale that's a different color I wouldn't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom