Platy Hiding and two Others Guarding???Help!Answers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok so one of my sunburst Platys is hiding under a large rock formation thing with plants around it and doesnt come out except feeding and sometimes not even then. My other Platys (Red Wag and another Sunburst) seem to be hanging outside the rock guarding the other Platy.....f anyone knows whats going on please feel free to explain to me!

Do you know if the one hiding under the rock is a female? Do any of them have clamped fins?

Clamped is when the tail fin looks pinched together and the dorsal fin is pinched towards the back. The fins are basically clamped down. If it's hiding, it will be hard to sex, but here's pics you can use as a guide for sexing all livebearers:
Femalelivebearer.jpg
Malelivebearer.jpg

Do you have a test kit? Can you post readings for ammo, nitrite, and nitrate?

Oh ok thanks:) appreciate that now I will know:) and I am getting one soon and I will post readings

Ok if you don't know the parameters I would go ahead and do a large water change asap. Dangerous levels of toxins in the water cause this sort of behavior.

Back
Top Bottom