platy pregnate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monkey471

Aquarium Advice Regular
is my platy prenate someone told me to look for a spot but i don`t see one. i will post a pic soon.

It will be fat and have a gravid spot which is black spot near its anal fin. Make sure it's a female and not just bloated. My prego platy below.

Attachments

• image-3161373514.jpg
    image-3161373514.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 81
monkey471 said:
i posted to pictures. they are taged as pregant platy.

Hm I dont see the pictures. Um by the way blood parrots need 55G. They grow up to be pretty big.

if you click on whats new in the 25 days category they are in the second row.

need help she keeps getting fatter and i have never had a pregnant fish before and i don`t know if she has a dezies or is pregnant? reply soon as possible please.

I have mickey mouse that looks like its about to burst for like 2 months. i transfered it to a new tank a week ago and there was one fry in the old tank. But she is still huge, what do you make of this?

Im afraid that this is a disease, my platy had it before, she ufortunatly died, there really isnt anything you can do, im sorry

my platy is still fat and still has not had a fry and does not have a spot. i feed the fish in my tank a lot so my tetras don`t get eaten by my blood parrots. does she have the disease.

For what its worth, I had a platy that looked huge for 6 weeks and never had a gravid spot and acted perfectly normal. This past week I noticed she's the same size as the others now, but i never saw any fry. So either she was sick and luckily got over it, or all her babies became lunch for the rest off the tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom