Platys flashing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impulse09

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 29 gallon parameters are 0,0,20 and ph is 7.2 it is a planted tank I got 3 new platys a couple of weeks ago the young one died recently and the other two are flashing a lot more recently on driftwood and plants. All fish are eating good and there are no visible signs of anything. Is there something I can put in the tank for internal parasites? I need something that wont harm the other fish,plants, and bb bacteria. I have a pretty stocked tank.

Exactly what I'm experiencing w/ guppies and White Cloud Mountain Minnows. No idea what to do.

Since got them recently and your params are good, its likely IMO that they came with the problem. I don't suggest adding any meds unless you know whats going on though.
Ich is one option. It can live under the gill covers and not show white spots right away. It could also be some sort of parasite. Keep a close eye on them and look out for white spots.

I just had a case of ich in my tank and its gone. Then I added more fish the only ones that are flashing are the two platys

Does anyone else have any info on how to top this problem.

You might want to raise the temp a little bit as a safeguard.

Remember though, that some fish just need to scratch. I have one emperor tetra that does it all the time, yet there's no illness in the tank and he doesn't have anything individually. He's done this as long as I've had him.

I will leave it alone for now. My temp is at 80 currently.

Back
Top Bottom