Please Help. ASAP! Way too much bullying!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman1121

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had my 40 tank set up for around 2 months and everything was fin until an hour ago when i added in the 203 new german blue rams. I have 2 pearl gouramis, 1 swordtail, 2 platies, 1 albino pleco, 3 tiger barbs, 3 buenos aires tetras, and 4 zebra danio. As soon as i put them in all my fish went crazy! Almost every single fish is bulling them and they already lost all their color. The tiger barbs especially look like they want to rip the rams to shreds. Most fish even started to bully each other. They are all peaceful fish so i don't understand whats going on. Please help! What do i do?

Okay OMG that scared the crap outta me.

I don't know very much about rams. Another member will have to chime in.

Are there hiding spots in the tank at all?

[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Feed the fish and switch the lights off. If that doesn't work you can try rearranging the tank. You want to avoid stressing the rams out too much. [/FONT]

Plenty of hiding places. I tried feeding and turning the light off but it didnt work. One of them is already missing a fin. Any other suggestion.

Completely blacking the tank out so they think its nighttime should work for the meantime. You may need to place a towel or blanket over it. Moving decor can reset territories and calm aggression. If they are getting the snot beaten out if them you may have no other choice but to remove the rams to another tank.

One was really stressed or something and just sat there while the others tried to rip its fins off. I put it in a bag until some suggestion or until think of something. They lost all their color and are almost completely gray. Im really worried because the bullying has not stopped.

Maybe get one of those floating / breeder net things and let them stay in that for a while? They can't be touched and the other fish can see them, just an idea.

I let the guy out of the bag last night when the other fish fell asleep. They aren't being bullied as much now this morning. I think they'll survive.

Back
Top Bottom