Please help me identify this anemone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CD.Priest

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone, I'm new here and hope to learn and then help as much as I can. I need some help identifying this thing, I think it's some sort of anemone, but not sure. Is it? Is it bad/good? If bad, how do I get ride of it? Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• image-4229682148.jpg
    image-4229682148.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 109
There are several ways to get rid of it, they will quickly overrun you tank. Smother it with a thick kalk paste, injected it with boiling water, lemon juice or Joes juice. Better do something fast, and if you have one that big, you probably have hundreds more that you haven't seen or found yet.

It looks like a Curly Q anemone, which I don't think are as bad as glass anemones (the typical invasive aiptasia). Curly Qs belong to the same family but have different behaviours.

I wouldn't go nuking it just yet. From what I've read Curly Qs don't reproduce anywhere near as fast as other aiptasia and can be kept happily in a tank without the fear of it reproducing like mad. There's lots of results on Google of people keeping Curly Q anemones, and even buying them on purpose. Not all aiptasia anemones are THE aiptasia anemones every is taught to fear.

I have a curly q anenome and i absolutely love it! I is soo interesting

Back
Top Bottom